Monday 19 November 2012

Marrakesh Chicken



As many know I am an Aussie girl married to a Moroccan husband. Because of this I am always looking for recipes to make him remember home and help to ease some homesickness he may develop. Lately that homesickness is growing stronger so I am even more trying to help him and what I do best is FOOD...

One of my favourite Facebook pages is called Moroccan Cuisine, You can find it HERE. And last night they put up this gorgeous recipe called Marrakesh Chicken. I can't wait to try this out. I'm thinking of the chicken with Rice, a delicious salad and some homemade Moroccan flat bread. My stomach is growling at the very thought of it.

Here's the recipe for you to enjoy !

Marrakesh Chicken

You can substitute chicken breasts or chicken parts, skinned or unskinned. Serves 4.



1 frying chicken, skinned and cut in quarters


Juice of 1 lemon


1 tablespoon crushed coriander (or 1/2 tablespoon powdered)


1 tablespoon dried oregano (or 1/2 tablespoon powdered)

3 cloves garlic, chopped

Good handful regular green olives

1/2 cup olive oil

1 lemon, thinly sliced

Sprinkle chicken with salt and arrange in baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice, coriander, oregano,

garlic, and olives. Pour olive oil over it. Cover with lemon slices and bake at 325 degrees F or 160


degrees Celcius for 1 hour.

Thank you Moroccan Cuisine for this gorgeous recipe ! I simply HAD to share it =D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be moderated and approved shortly.